Andes Mint Fudge
- 2.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1.5 cups white chocolate baking chips
- 1 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 cup or more chopped Andes mints
Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Spray paper with non-stick spray and set aside.
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1.5 cups chocolate chips with 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, stirring occasionally. Spread melted chocolate mixture into pan and chill for 5-10 minutes.
In another saucepan, melt white baking chips and remaining condensed milk, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from the heat and add peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread mint layer over chilled chocolate layer. Chill for 5-10 minutes as you make the final layer.
Melt remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tsp shortening in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir until completely smooth. Spread over chilled mint layer. Top with chopped Andes mints. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until fudge is completely set.