Monday, March 9, 2009

Stuffin' Egg Muffins

I've been looking for an easy on the go breakfast. Too often I stop and go through a drive thru. I feel better in the morning when I have some protein, so I thought these would be good. The recipe comes from the Kraft website.



Stuffin' Egg Muffins

1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
12 eggs
3 Tbsp. OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits
1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package, omitting stand time. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray. Press 1/4 cup stuffing firmly onto bottom and up sides of 12 muffin cups, forming about 1/4-inch rim around top of cup.

CRACK 1 egg into each stuffing cup. Sprinkle with bacon bits and cheese.

BAKE 20 min. or until yolks are set. Let stand 5 min. before serving.

1 comment:

Johnson said...

Those look really good. As far the recipe goes, I may enter it into the competition, but there's another one on the pillsbury site that is very silimar. I made these and then found that recipe. I think they are too similar for my recipe to qualify. I used the "recipe creations" crescent sheet. I unrolled it and sread about 3 tbs. melted butter. Then I spread a mix of about 1/3c sugar and 2 tsp. cinammon. I rolled it up the longer way and cut into about 16-19 small rolls and put them in a sprayed square pan. I bake it at 375 for about 15 minutes. I just keep an eye on it until the edges are nice and golden. For the icing, I use about 1/2 c powdered sugar and 2 tbs milk with a bit of vanilla. I mix it and pour it over the rolls as soon as they are out of the oven. I have not actually sat and made exact measurements of the ingredients. These are just estimates...but there you go. It is quick and easy...and pretty good. So are you going to enter the pillsbury bake-off? It looks like you enjoy baking a good bit. I want to make your muffine now. You may see them on my blog in the future if I get around to making them myself. It looks like a yummy recipe.