Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Bread


I've posted this recipe before, but it's worth repeating. I split the recipe into two smaller disposable tins this time, and I liked the size much better. I will definitely do this in the future as well.

Pumpkin Bread with Crumb Topping

1/2 C Corn Oil (vegetable oil is okay too)
2 Eggs, beaten
1/3 C Water
1 C pumpkin (canned)
1 2/3 C Sifted Flour
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 C Sugar

Mix wet ingredients: corn oil, eggs, water, and pumpkin

Add dry ingredients: flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar.

When everything is all mixed, it will be slightly thicker than cake batter.

Pour into greased & floured bread pans (I use cooking spray). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Add crumb topping and bake for approximately an additional 20 minutes. You'll know it's done when you can insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.

Crumb Topping
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbs butter

Mix dry ingredients. Cut in 1 Tbs butter until it resembles corn meal.

1 comment:

kathleenrandall said...

It's the last day of May and my last days of quarantine eating so I'm making your fantabulous pumpkin bread! I cut the sugar down and added loads of chocolate chips. Also, subbed a little whole wheat flour and some cinnamon applesauce for the some of the oil. Hope it still tastes good! Love, Mama