Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Pie Fudge

After I finished making this fudge, I remembered why I hardly ever make fudge. It is hard work! I swear I stirred the boiling pot for over 25 minutes waiting for it to reach 234 degrees. At one point I was sure that my thermometer was broken because it didn't seem to be moving. But it eventually did, and the fudge came out great. Perfect for fall or Thanksgiving.



Pumpkin Pie Fudge

Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. corn syrup
2 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
9 oz. white chocolate, chopped
7 oz. jar marshmallow crème
1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
Stir together first six ingredients in a 3 ½ - quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234° (soft-ball stage).

Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a greased aluminum foil-lined 8-inch square pan. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool; cut fudge into squares.
I bagged mine up into little Halloween bags to share with my coworkers.

No comments: