Friday, August 15, 2008

Oatmeal Cinnamon Chipsters

Next up were these Oatmeal Cinnamon Chipsters. I found cinnamon chips at a local grocery store recently. I can never find them, so I bought quite a few bags and have them stored in the freezer. When I came upon this recipe, I knew they would be perfect for it! I wasn't sure if I wanted to add the chocolate chips because my husband isn't crazy about chocolate and oatmeal together, but I went for it after reading the comments found here along with the recipe: http://www.stephanieskitchen.com/2008/05/oatmeal-chocolate-and-cinnamon-chip.html

I think these cookies are so good. I have never used the technique of adding butter to flour before mixing in with the other ingredients. I wonder if that is the reason these had such a great texture. I will definitely make these again. That is until I run out of cinnamon chips!

Oatmeal Cinnamon Chipsters

1cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick cooking oats
2 cups cinnamon chips
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat 1 stick (1/2 cup) of the butter in a mixer until smooth. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
In a separate bowl, add flour, baking soda and salt and whisk until combined. Add the remaining butter (1 stick) to the flour mixture and using your hands break up butter into flour until well combined and the butter is at least pea sized within the flour.
Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture until well combined. Stir in oats, cinnamon chips and chocolate chips. Chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Scoop onto baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.








No comments: