Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cookie Bars

I was looking for something chewy when I made these bars. The original recipe called for 2 cups of peanut M&M's, but I didn't have those so I just substituted semi-sweet and peanut butter chips. I probably should have done more than 2 cups though because the M&M's would take up more space than my chips did. They turned out VERY chewy. In fact, some in the middle were hard to separate because they were so chewy! Next time I will be making them in my Baker's Edge pan which ensures at least 2 edge sides to every piece. I bet they will be great in it. I'm going to do them with black and orange plain M&M's for school. I'll let you know how they turn out. Cookie Bars

2 3/4 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup butter, melted
2 1/4 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups Peanut M&M's


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.

3. In another bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar together, stirring until evenly distributed. Allow to cool slightly. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well each egg. Mix in vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Once combined, add Peanut M&M's. Spread into a 13" x 9" baking pan or 10" x 15" jelly roll pan.

4. Bake for 24-27 minutes. Try not to oven bake or they will be dry. Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.

No comments: