Monday, September 29, 2008

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

I may not have too many posts for the next few weeks. My coworkers and I are starting a Biggest Loser type contest. It's just not as fun to bring baked goods to work when no one wants to eat them! Or maybe I could try to find recipes that are better for you.

Anyway- here is our last hurrah before the weigh in Wednesday morning!


Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
(I think this recipe may have originated from The Cake Mix Doctor, but my recipe had a slight change)

1 package plain white cake mix
1 cup whole milk
1 stick of butter, melted
3 extra large eggs
1 small box instant white chocolate pudding (I couldn't find it this time- had to use french vanilla)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
~
Frosting:
1 stick butter
3 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
3-4 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
~
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, pudding, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Blend for three minutes (stop to scrape once).

Pour into paper lined cupcake tins and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool completely before frosting.

Beat butter until fluffy for frosting. Add all other ingredients. Frost using a piping bag and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.

No comments: